How To Submit Your News
Here's what you get for free:
- A text headline.
- A single photo.
- Up to 250 words of copy with your contact information.
- A single active link to your web site.
- Your news will be made available and searchable to the automotive aftermarket industry within 48 hours.
Here are the rules:
- Your news must be specifically related to the North American automotive aftermarket. Aftermarket Press only publishes relevant trade news for the North American automotive aftermarket. Every press release and news item is reviewed by an editor prior to publishing. News that an editor considers not relevant will not be published.
- We prefer copy in plain text files. However, we will accept other document formats. PDF files must be unlocked to allow selection and copying of text and images. We reserve the right to edit copy for grammar, clarity, and/or brevity as we see fit
- Our news database is searchable by keywords contained in the text and in metadata tags just like a web page. We encourage you to include a list of keywords that readers might enter in a search. For example, let's say you make a steering knuckle for rock crawlers. You might include this text line at the bottom of your release: "KEYWORDS - performance, off-road, rock crawler, steering knuckle." If your product news is related to engine machine shop supplies or equipment, you could add "KEYWORDS - machine shop, engine machining." Key words should include the product description and name. And, it could be helpful to include words like replacement or performance to delineate target markets. Good keywords can help your news come out at the top in reader searches on our site.
- Your photo will published as an RGB JPEG image up to 400 pixels wide by 400 pixels high at 96 DPI. When you send us an image already meeting this criteria we can process your news and get it online much faster. We will accept other common image formats and can even copy some images out of PDF files.
- You must specify the link you want in your news article. Give us the simple address, www.[yourdomain]. com or give us the whole URL, http://www.[yourdomain].com/[the landing page of your choice].
- Don't stress out. The job of an Aftermarket Press editor is to get your news online. We'll help you get your story out in every way we can.
- E-mail your news to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to put us on your distribution list to get press releases automatically.
- Mail your press releases to Editor, Aftermarket Press, 2197 Texas Avenue, South Lake Tahoe, CA 96150.
- You must not post links to your AftermarketPress news articles on consumer social media such as Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram. AftermarketPress is very narrowly targeted to working professionals in the North American automotive aftermarket; and, while AftermarketPress has no barrier to stop consumer readers, we maintain our very high percentage of professional readership by avoiding consumer awareness of our site. Continued abuse of this policy will preclude us from publishing your news in the future. We do strongly encourage you to post links to your news and/or re-post your news on the professional social media site LinkedIn, where it can be seen by tens of thousands of industry professionals.